Privacy statement describes customer and online user information.
Effective date: Jul 1st 2017.
Information we collect
We may require customers to provide customer information when they:
- Use our website.
- Request quotes, services, supports, or other information.
- Place orders.
- Subscribe to newsletters and promotional emails.
- Participate in surveys or product reviews.
- Contact us.
Information we request includes email address, name, address, and phone number. If a customer places an order, we may ask for his/her credit card or billing information.
We may collect information about customers’ visiting to our web site, which includes the pages viewed, the links clicked, search terms entered, and other action taken in connection with the Gotoners website and services.
How we use customer information
Gotoners use customers’ customer information to:
- Deliver the services and support, or carry out, the transactions customers requested.
- Verify customers’ identities and creditability.
- Communicate with customers, such as product information, transaction status, promotion offers, and surveys.
- Customize, analyze and improve our products, services, communication and relationship with our customers.
- Identify patterns and behaviour to offer relevant advices to users.
- Manage, administer, collect and enforce accounts, collect debts, and process payments.
- Protect both website and users from fraud, identity theft, unauthorized access to user accounts, and other prohibited or illegal activities.
- Protect the security and integrity of the website, our business, our products and services.
Disclosing customer information
Gotoners may share customer information with corporate affiliates to carry out transactions customers request or to make our business or that of our corporate affiliates more responsive to customers’ needs. We may disclose customer information to credit bureaus and credit reporting agencies and financial institutions and to other third parties as necessary to maintain customers’ credit history, provide credit references, process payments, and otherwise manage our accounts and fulfill our legal and regulatory requirements.
Gotoners may also use and share customer information among different divisions and our authorized third party marketing and advertising agencies in to communicate with customers regarding products and services that may be of interest to them. As well as to develop and implement customer programs, unless customers choose to opt out from this use.
Gotoners will not disclose customer information to third parties for their own marketing purposes unless customers have provided consent.
Gotoners may disclose customer information if requested by law enforcement, related to fraud prevention, or other legal actions; as required or permitted by law or regulation.
Gotoners may transfer your Customer information to Service Providers that helps Gotoners carry out transactions customers request, that help Gotoners promote and market additional goods, services and special offers, or that helps Gotoners to customize, analyze, and/or improve our communication or relationship with customers, and then only with service Gotoners may disclose customer information to service providers to complete transactions or market on Gotoners' behalf, but those service providers are prohibited from using your Customer information for their own purposes.
Customers’ Consent to the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Their Information
By registering or ordering on Gotoners, customers agree and consent that Gotoners may collect, use and disclose customer information as described in this privacy statement. In addition, Gotoners may request your specific authorization or consent for the collection, use and disclosure of your Customer information for other purposes whenever necessary.
Customers may withdraw their consent to Gotoners for further collection, use or disclosure of information at any time by giving Gotoners reasonable notice. However, where Gotoners have provided or are providing certain services or products to a customers, his or her consent will be valid for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected. In addition, you may not be permitted to withdraw your consent to certain necessary collection, uses and disclosures of your customer information, such as maintaining reasonable business and transaction records, and the ongoing disclosure of your Customer information to consumer or credit reporting agencies.
Under certain circumstances, Gotoners may be required to disclose your Customer information without your consent such as to law enforcement or other government officials. For instance, in but not limit to the cases below, where disclosure is required:
- To comply with a subpoena, warrant or order made by a court with jurisdiction to compel the production of such information;
- To legal authorities for the detection and prevention of fraud or other criminal activity
- To our legal counsel in the event that any matter may the subject of litigation.
If Gotoners is required to release customer’s information without customer’s consent, such as for the reasons listed above, we will keep a record of what information was released, to what party it was released and the reason to justify such release. Gotoners will only release the information to the extent that are required to do so.
How Long and Where Does Gotoners Keep My Customer information
Gotoners keep Customer information only for as long as it is needed to meet the purposes set out in this Policy, including for the purpose of enabling us to meet any legal or regulatory requirements. Gotoners has retention standards for customer information and records management which set out these timelines. We have retention policies in place that govern the destruction of Customer information.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement Regarding Customer and Online User Information